Diversity & Consent
Hexenfest is a Pan-Pagan gathering. We welcome All Pagans, Polytheists, Goddess Spirituality Practitioners, Wiccans, Heathens, Solitaries, Earth-based and Shamanistic Pagans, Humanistic Pagans, Atheo-Pagans, those with roots in established traditions and those who are eclectic, as well as other practitioners of the Occult. We do not discriminate based on your Pagan path.
We welcome people of all races, sexual orientations, genders, ages, physical abilities, and traditions. If you identify as Pagan in any way, enjoy being with others who share a view of an interconnected, living world, and love music and the arts, Hexenfest welcomes you to attend.
We do not tolerate racism, sexism, transphobia, elitism, ageism, or ableism, or any activity based in bigotry and othering at Hexenfest. Maintaining a safe space for ALL attendees is of utmost importance to us. If issues arise in which attendees are feeling uncomfortable based on an interaction with someone who has insulted or offended any aspect of their identity or ability, we will sit down with each party to determine whether offense was intentional or unintentional, and then seek to rectify the situation appropriately. Unintentional hurts happen sometimes, and require explanation and apology, but may not require expulsion of any guest. But anyone who creates an incident of harm which was clearly intentional or malicious will be asked to leave immediately, without a refund.
Hexenfest is a Consent Culture event. We require attendees and participants to seek proactive, positive, and confirmed responses of “Yes” before touching anyone, consuming any libation, engaging in sexual activity, or otherwise entering another person’s physical or energetic space.
General Policies and Rules:
1) Absolutely no fires are allowed at Isis Oasis! Due to the ongoing drought, and the very dry time of year, there is extreme fire danger.
2) Smoking is only allowed in designated areas. (Parking Lot and Straw bale Fire Pit.)
3) Alcohol is permitted with discretion and use of your own drinking vessel. All legal substances (including vape pens) are permitted in outdoor areas only, with the exception of the Pool area, which is substance-free.
4) Campsites are limited to 4 people. Cars will be permitted to unload at campsites, then must park in a nearby designated area.
5) Children under 7 attend free. All children must be supervised at all times.
6) There is no lifeguard at Isis Oasis. All children in pool must be CLOSELY supervised by parents at all times!
7) Free, supervised child-friendly activities will be offered on Saturday during the musical performances so that parents can attend the concerts. However, these activities will not involve the pool or hot tub.
8) Pool and hot tub are clothing optional.
9) Isis Oasis is a zero waste zone. What you bring in, you must take out. Please bring a trash bag.
10) A meal plan will be available for an additional fee, with respect for diverse diets. Contact us if you have specific concerns. You may bring your own food, but there are no cooking facilities available, and no cooking is allowed at campsites. However, coolers and snacks are encouraged. You can replenish the ice in your cooler just down the road at the convenience store as needed. There is a community microwave available. There are also several excellent restaurants in town, a short walk from Isis Oasis.
11) No weapons other than a basic pocket knife or utility tool for use with camping gear. Ritual athames will be accepted, but need to be checked at registration.
12) Parking is limited. We encourage carpooling as much as possible. Fill up your cars with other friendly Pagans! Ride-shares can be organized in the Facebook group.
13) There is poison oak in a few areas on this property. Isis Oasis has eradicated it as much as possible, but be prepared to wash your arms and legs, as well as your childrens’ arms and legs, thoroughly with soap, after any romping through thick grasses.
14) You will be asked to sign a waiver of liability, and a photo release upon arrival. Photo release is so that we may use “face in the crowd” photos for future Hexenfest promotions. No specific photos will be taken without express consent.
15) Consent must be asked for and granted before taking anyone’s photo.
16) You will be asked to acknowledge your understanding of our policy on Diversity and Consent.
17) Bathing: There are 5 showers and 7 toilets in the Lodge. There are two more toilets and an enclosed outdoor shower in the campground. There are two more toilets in the dining hall. All bathrooms at Isis Oasis are gender neutral for the duration of Hexenfest.
18) There is very limited space for RVs. There are no RV hookups. Please contact Sharon directly if you want to bring an RV. Email: hexenfest.magic (at) gmail (dot) com.